Apple MacOS Monterey Public Beta goes Live, Download Now
Apple’s next big macOS public beta is now available for download. macOS 12 Monterey early access is here to test the new features and check the new desktop OS look.
macOS 12 is the big update coming to Mac computers later this year with several big changes. At present, the desktop PC world is introducing a new edition in Apple as well as Microsoft Windows.
Apple Launched Public Beta of macOS Monterey
However, macOS Monterey brings both new features as well as the new OS look. Apple is also focusing on its hardware which has its own SoCs. The public beta is live for all, so if you want to try out the experience of the new desktop OS, then here you go.
At the WWDC 2021 event, Apple has shown a demo of the new drag-and-drop feature called Universal Control. This will let you move your cursor and files between iPad and Mac computers. With the upcoming macOS, all the desktops will get Shortcuts and will act as AirPlay targets. There are many other changes coming in the update.
macOS 12 Monterey public beta is now live, and the OS has the same general look as its predecessor. As the OS is now available for beta, you should not install it on a primary device, as it might contain bugs. And if you want to install the program on your device, then make sure you take back-up of everything.
How to Install macOS 12 Monterey Public Beta?
Before you install, make sure you first take a backup of your system. You should have 20GB of free space on your hard drive.
- First of all, visit the official website of the beta software portal
- Sign up by entering your Apple ID
- Earlier, if you have installed the beta program, then click on “Enroll Your Devices” at the top-right corner of the page.
- At the center of the next page, click on “macOS.”
- Scroll down and look for “Download the macOS Public Beta Access Utility.”
- Click on it and download .DMG file
- Before opening the file, take backup
- At last, go to “software update” from the System preferences app and install the beta version.
- As you have enrolled in the beta program, you will see the message “This Mac is enrolled in the Apple Beta Software Program”. You will see the new macOS Monterey update there.
- This will take some time to download. Once it is downloaded, click on Install.
Eligible Devices for macOS Monterey Public Beta
- iMac (late 2015 and later)
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac Pro (late 2013 and later)
- Mac Mini (late 2014 and later)
- MacBook Pro (early 2015 and later)
- MacBook Air (early 2015 and later)
- MacBook (early 2016 and later)