20 YouTube Keyboard Shortcuts That You Need To Know
Whenever we talk about Google’s well-known video portal, YouTube, we point to one of the most visited and used websites on the Internet. Since YouTube hosts a considerable amount of video content, and the number of uploaders were increasing each day, the platform has recorded a steady growth over the years.
Here we can find the videos belonging to all types of topics, as long as these are within the website’s policies. Also, we can access YouTube from any device, be it an Android, desktop, or iOS.
List of 20 best YouTube Keyboard Shortcuts That You Should Know
If you have been using YouTube for a while, you might know that the platform allows you to control its interface via Keyboard shortcuts. In this article, we will share a list of the best YouTube Keyboard shortcuts that you should know. Let’s check out.
- Spacebar: It simply allows us to stop and resume the playback of a video.
- F: This key allows us to open and close full-screen mode just with a single press.
- Right arrow and left arrow: These keys allow you to forward and rewind the video for 5 seconds.
- Up arrow and down arrow: These keys allow you to increase or lower the volume in full-screen mode.
- 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, and 9: All these buttons simply allow us to forward the video to a certain percentage.
- C: It simply allows you to activate the subtitles of the content.
- Home and End keys: Both keys allow us to navigate directly at the beginning or end of the video.
- Shift + P: This option allows us to open the saved playlists directly.
- Shift + N: This key allows us to go back to the previous video from a playlist that we have loaded.
- Tab: This key allows us to access the controls of the playback bar without using the mouse.
- M: This key allows us to activate or deactivate the sound of the video that is being played.
- (+) Key – If you are watching a video with caption enabled, you can use the + key to increase the font size.
- (-) Key – If you are watching a video with caption enabled, you can use the – key to decrease the font size.
- B – Use this key to change the background color of CC while watching YouTube videos.
- (>) Key – Use this key to increase the video playback speed
- (<) Key – Use this Key to decrease the video playback speed.
- (/) Key – Use this key to place the text cursor in the search field directly.
- (,) Comma – Use this key to move backward one frame when a video is paused
- . (Dot) – Use this key to move forward one frame when a video is paused.
These are some of the best keyboard shortcuts you can use on YouTube. If you know any other such shortcuts, let us know in the comment box below.
So, what do you think about this? Share all your views and thoughts in the comment section below. And if you liked this post, please share this post with your friends and family.