15 Best Android Apps For College Students
The world is now engaged, and almost everything is dependent on our smart devices like Android. In previous years, only laptops are there to guide students in their work, but now Android can do all those things with great reliability.
So, if you are a student, you are reading the right article. In this article, we will list down some of the best Android apps that every student should have on their smartphone.
List of 15 Best Android Apps For College Students
These are the general apps that were meant specially for students to help them with their studies. So, let’s explore the list of best apps for college students.
CamScanner helps you scan, store, sync, and collaborate on various contents across smartphones, tablets, and computers.
Using this, you can scan your important notes, assignment, and lots more important documents from your Android device, and that will be helpful for later reference.
- Mobile Scanner
- Quick Search
- Extract Texts from Image
- Share PDF/JPEG Files
- Print & Fax
Evernote is the modern workspace that syncs between all of your devices. Work everywhere and stay productive. Evernote gives you the tools to share, discuss and collaborate productively with others.
The app is also known for its compelling note-taking features. With this app, you can add images, videos, reminders to the notes.
- Write notes, checklists, and research
- Organize web articles, docs, and photos
- Discuss your work with others, right within the app
If you are a college student, you might be dealing with lots of words or PDF files. With WPS Office + PDF, you can open Microsoft office files at ease.
Not only that, but the free version of WPS Office + PDF also includes a PDF reader, which can be used to read a PDF file. Overall, it’s a great office suite application for Android.
RealCalc Plus is the pro version of Android’s most popular scientific calculator. The calculator app is designed to look and operate exactly like a real hand-held calculator.
It has all the standard scientific functions plus fractions, degrees/minutes/seconds, history, memories, customizable unit conversions, and constants.
- Traditional algebraic or RPN operation
- Fraction calculations and conversion to/from decimal
- Degrees/minutes/seconds calculations and conversion
- 12-digit display
Wikipedia is the encyclopedia that anyone can edit. Articles on Wikipedia are freely licensed, and the app code is 100% open source. That means you can even contribute to Wikipedia.
For students, Wikipedia could be a great place to learn. You will find information for almost every topic on Wikipedia.
- Tabbed browsing: pressing-and-holding a link lets you open it in a new tab, allowing you to keep reading the current article without losing your place and switch to the new tab when you’re ready.
- Link previews: Tapping on a link shows a preview of the linked article, giving you a chance to get the gist of the link without losing your place in the article you’re reading.
This is one of the cool apps for all college students. Join the 4 million+ people worldwide who are accomplishing amazing things with Todoist – the beautifully simple to-do list and task manager built for the pace of modern life.
Whether you need to collaborate with your team, keep track of your most important projects, or remember to pay the rent, Todoist is there to help you achieve more every day.
- Manage your tasks from anywhere – even offline
- Plan ahead and never miss another deadline
- Take your to-do listing to the next level with sub-tasks, sub-projects, color-coded projects, and priority levels.
- Share projects, assign tasks, and add comments all within the app.
We all know that college students don’t get enough time to know everything and keep their eyes on the news. So, Feedly could be the best option for them. It is the single place to read all the news from your favorite publishers.
Feedly lets you organize your favorite publications, podcasts, and YouTube channels into collections and receive updates when new stories and videos are published.
What if I tell you that you can access the best books, audiobooks, news, magazines, documents, sheet music, and more — for less than the cost of a paperback?
Scribd makes it easy for you to dive deep into a topic, stay in the know, explore something new, or escape into a good story; Scribd is the only reading app you need.
- 3 books and 1 audiobook of your choice every month.
- Unlimited access to the world’s most extensive document library, which includes government reports, academic dissertations, detailed scientific studies, and more.
- Unlimited access to select books and audiobooks, hand-chosen by our editors.
- Store titles offline to enjoy at any time, without an internet connection.
The Oxford Dictionary of English is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press.
This is ideal for professionals, students, and academics, as well as anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of English.
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ (‘*’ or ‘?’) to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
- Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
The Hi-Q MP3 Voice Recorder takes the mobile sound recording to the next level. If you are looking for an Android app to record voice lectures, this might be the best pick for you.
The app is feature-packed and loaded with customization options, and with high-fidelity 44 kHz audio sampling, it’s miles ahead of any standard recording app.
- Start the app, and you are good to go! Press the striking Red button, and you’ll immediately start recording.
- Recordings are stored as MP3 files in real-time, compact enough, and can be played almost everywhere.
- With automatic upload to Dropbox, your recordings are stored safely, and you can free up more space on your device.
Well, Mathway is one of the unique math solver applications available for Android. Mathway claims to solve your most difficult math problems and provides you step-by-step instructions. To solve any math question, you need to point the Mathway’s camera and snap the picture.
The app will automatically scan the question and will show you step-by-step instructions on how to solve it.
- Easy to use and efficient, Mathway appeals to anyone who needs help solving mathematical problems,
- Solves Basic Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra
- The app also covers Trigonometry, Precalculus, Calculus, Linear Algebra, Chemistry, Graphing, etc.
12. Google Drive
Well, Google Drive is probably the most popular cloud storage option out there. With Google Drive, you can easily save your documents. Not only that, but you can even invite others to view, edit or leave comments on any of your files or folders.
It’s a cloud storage service that offers you 15GB of storage space. You can use it to save all your study documents.
- Safely store your files and access them from anywhere.
- Search for files by name and content.
- Easily share files and folders with others.
- Quickly view your content.
With Studious, your phone will never embarrass you in class again by going off. Forgetting about homework and tests will be a thing of the past.
This app has an excellent note feature that allows you to input any text you want, such as your building name and classroom.
- Silence your phone in class
- Remind you when homework and tests are due
- Save notes
Mint is one of the most awesome finance apps which you can have on your Android smartphone.
It’s a financial management app that tracks your budget. You can link your bank account to check balances and spending habits.
- Get a complete picture of your financial life.
- Track bills right alongside your account balances.
- With one place to keep track of your finances, there’s no need to log into multiple sites.
CALCU is one of the most stylish calculator apps which you can ever have on your Android smartphone.
The app is known for its look, and it also includes scientific functions and shows the calculation history. So, overall, CALCU is one of the best apps for college students.
- Beautiful and intuitive interface with gesture-based control and navigation
- See instant results of your calculations as you enter them
- Swipe up on the keypad to reveal the scientific keypad
So above are the best Android apps for college students. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you know of any other such apps, let us know in the comment box below.